About Cycle Roots
In 2013 as a group of keen cyclists we wanted to create a bicycle hub in our hometown of Blackburn that provided affordable access to cycling. We started collecting bikes through word of mouth and soon outgrown our back gardens. In December 2014 we secured workshop space and opened our doors to the public in February 2015.
Opening Tuesday to Saturday we:
- Collect unused/unloved bicycles and either repair to the highest standard or recycle parts for other bikes
- Provide servicing and repairs at competitive prices
- Improve social inclusion by selling bicycles at low cost to underprivileged and marginalised people within our community
- Enhance health and well-being by promoting cycling and enabling greater participation in cycling as a sport, leisure activity, or part of a physical exercise plan
- Build confidence, knowledge and skills, and employability of people who take part as volunteers and trainees with us
We have established a real working environment to accommodate training delivery, our volunteers are trained to Cytech standards by qualified mechanics at the workshop.